Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Vendor Spotlight: Harken Press


Vendor  Harken Press           
Phone 225-603-8958
Email  info@harkenpress.com


Company Background:
Harken Press is a one woman design and paper goods boutique, founded by Brynne Fischer. She’s been working as a graphic designer for nearly a decade. Her past design gigs include a design and advertising firm, an international magazine, a digital entertainment corporation, and an interactive web firm. Now she shares her passion for design by working closely with clients to create beautiful paper goods for weddings, parties and events.

Harken Press described in three words:
Whimsical, modern, thoughtful

What services does Harken Press offer?
Wedding invitations, save the dates and day-of paper accessories. I do custom designs and have pre-designed templates. There’s letterpress and digital (flat) printing to fit all budgets.

What does Harken Press specialize in?
Harken Press specializes in creating modern designs for couples that want unique and personalized wedding stationery that will set the tone for their wedding. 

What got you interested in this industry and what is the most rewarding part of your job?
Years ago, one of my best friends asked me to design her wedding invitations. After that I was hooked. I always feel honored to help announce someone’s marriage to their family and friends.
 
What is your favorite part about creating invites/ favors for weddings? 
My favorite part is the reaction from brides when I show them a custom design I’ve been working on for them. The possibilities are endless with wedding stationery these days, so it all depends on the personality of the couple getting married.  I encourage my clients to make it personal. I help them bring in surprising details that really make it special.  


Name one thing that sets Harken Press apart from its competitors:
I pride myself on responding quickly to my clients, paying close attention to detail (I’ve been called a perfectionist), stellar customer service, and have a genuine passion for my work. I listen carefully to my clients and bring their vision to reality. My clients are often surprised how fun and easy the process is!